Pictures and photos medical
Eye cancer - less frequently. The cancer may affect the external parts of the eye, such as the eyelids, which is composed of muscle, skin and nerves. If the cancer starts inside the eye is called intraocular cancer. The most common intraocular cancers in adults are melanoma and lymphoma. Most common eye cancer in children is retinoblastoma, which begins in the cells of the retina. Cancer can also spread from eye to other parts of the body.
-People suffering from cancer of the eye have the following symptoms:
- A more eye bulging
- Loss of vision, either partially or completely
- Vision becomes aqueous / flashes
- Loss of peripheral vision can not see what is in side
- A spot on the iris.
- A minor defect on the iris or conjunctiva.
Other symptoms of eye cancer include:
- Flashing lights, floating spots, distorted vision, changes in eye movement
- Blurred vision, decreased vision or double images. If the tumor grows more, we can move the retina causing its detachment. Also, there may be a loss of vision.
- Freckles in the eyes, pain in and around the eyes, changing the shape of the eye
- A white or yellow glow in the pupil. This is called as retinoblastoma. What can occur in one eye or both eyes.
Eye cancer treatment varies depending on the type and how advanced. This may include surgery, radiation therapy, freezing or heat therapy or laser therapy.